Sunday, June 04, 2017

AT LAST

After about three months of trying this and trying that, I was finally able to push through. The edition of another Alien of Planet Earth was printed. It was an image that I was constantly unhappy with and wasn't confident that it was going to work. Over the months, as I was engraving, proofing, studying the results and engraving more, I didn't feel it was working. Then yesterday, around midday I inked up the press and pulled another proof to see the results. Bingo! It was a weird feeling to be looking at something that I had had doubts about after all the pervious proofs and suddenly like it. I had made some radical changes. It was as if it was someone else’s and I had never seen it before! I decided to go ahead and run the edition. Of course, time will tell, but it satisfied me in that moment, and that's all I care about. If you're interested, it's on the website: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jimwest/rhinobeetle.html

No comments: