Saturday, May 10, 2014

NEW RAT UPDATE

There have been a number of e-mails, going back and forth, between Ms. Norway and myself since this started, in late April. "She" started the process by saying:
I got your response and i want you to kindly get back to me with some of the available pieces you have right now for sell and their prices so as to list out the ones needed.

I answered the request for prices with a list of 21 drawings and prints (mostly drawings) and their prices. I purposely left out the media and only listed the titles. It still seemed to me that "she" has not seen the work on the website and didn't know what the "items" were.

Ms. Norway responded with a request for Moonrise to Port and Tornado Pilot, and the total price. I answered to let "her" know the total would be $3700.00 and that would translate to 20,055.22 in Norwegian Krone.

"Her" response to that:
      I got the total quote of the order which is ($3,700.00). The shipping company will have the order picked up from your facilities because i have made an arrangement with the shipping agent who will be coming to pickup the items right from your location so as to avoid the shipping responsibilities and difficulties that you might be experienced in shipping to Norway.The Shipping Agent have all the documents and permits required for the exportation of these order.And they will handle all the custom duties and insurance as well because all will be dully paid by me .They have got similar items shipped to me here successfully.So i have discussed with the shipping agent about the nature,quantity of these items and i was charged ($3,380) for the shipping cost,including some of my merchandise i ordered from different countries that is with them which they will be delivering tome here in Norway.I will need you to do me a favor as explained below:
     The shipping agent informed me that as for now they can only receive payment by direct Bank transfer.So i am asking for you to please help me to charge the shipping fee of the shipment which is ($3,380) on my credit card account and then transfer to the shipping agency's office via direct bank transfer and their representative will come for the pick up.I know it's not your responsibility to do this,i just want you to try and understand me and be of assist to me and my next order will be ship by you.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of ($200) for the transfer fee and for your efforts.So the charges that will be deducted on my credit card will be:

TOTAL COST OF ITEMS BOUGHT:                    ($3,700.00)
SHIPPING FEE GRAND TOTAL  :                      ($3,380)
CREDIT CARD SURCHARGING FEE :               ($80)  (FOR THE SHIPPING FEE)
TRANSFER FEE AND YOUR COMMISSION:     ($200)
THE GRAND TOTAL COST :                             ($7,360)

       Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above.Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can email you my credit card details,then you can charge the full amount and transfer the shipping fee to the shipping company so as to proceed the shipment.And as soon as the shipping company received the shipping fund, they will schedule the time for the pick up and then come to your facility for the pick up.


"She" is using dollars instead of krone and there is no indication that "she" realizes I'm quoting Canadian dollars, not US (I've included my address so "she" knows I'm in Canada). I have indicated on my website that the prices listed are in Canadian dollars. Why "she" would be adding the shipping fee, a credit card surcharge fee and a transfer fee and my "commission" for juggling this extra charges into my invoice is anybody's guess! That nearly doubles my quote. Why not just order twice the number of  "items"? I'm sure I'm going to find out.

I answered that by saying, yes I was in the "office" and that I don't have an arrangement with a bank to take credit cards.

Ms. Norway's response:
   I got your response,presently my best form of payment is via credit card,that is where i put all my money for any international transaction, i suggest you look for a colleague or a store that has a Credit Card  terminal charging machine that will assist you in charge the fund and then get the payment there, i will be willing to pay the surcharge fees, which should be billed to my account, reason with me please.


I responded this morning by saying that I will look into that method, but I prefer to use PayPal and reminded "her" that "she" could use "her" credit card with PayPal and that if "she" didn't want to do that "she" could send a bank draft. I've heard nothing yet. I suppose "she" took the weekend off to celebrate Norway's Mother's Day (if Norway celebrates Mother's Day this weekend).




No comments: