Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WILL THIS END IT?

My response yesterday to Lesley Donna From Norway may be the one that brings this con to an end:

Dear Lesley,
I have tried today to arrange for some kind of credit card service but I have been unable to do that.  
I will be very happy to hold the two items you are interested in, until you are able to arrange your PayPal account, or you could very easily send me a cheque for the amount of the two items.
I have tried many different places and it seems that the credit card service is not available for me.
Sincerely,
Jim

I expect they will give up and stop sending e-mails. If this Nigerian con operation had been functioning as the previous ones, I'm sure the phoney cheque would have been in the mail by now. But since they've switched to using a credit card as their means of conducting the fraud, I would not have a "trophy" at the end. And if I can't have a "trophy" to wave in their face, I don't want to play any more. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: